Wednesday, May 03, 2006

question

i just received the estimate to repair my camera and i am filled with awe. i have a digital canon rebel, it was a gift for christmas 2 years ago and i love it, i really do. i never thought i would part with my trusty nikon film, but the canon has filled a void in my life, you know the one, instant gratification?

anyway one day i walked in to my 12 year old son and 15 year old neice PLAYING (!!!!!!) with the camera. HELLO? they knew that camera was not a toy...hell the 7 yr old knows it's not to be touched. i swear those 2 had to be possessed or something to even think of touching it...but they did. fast fwd a week or so, i go to put the flash card back in and something is wrong. pull the flash card out and peer in. it appears as though a pin is bent inside. GRRRRR everyone i took it to suggested just sending it to canon for repair, no one wanted to risk doing further damage. well i sent it to canon and they just emailed me my repair estimate.

$206.00.....WHAT!!!!! it is broken down to be $180 labor and $26 parts. so my question is...how did they sell the entire camera for $900, if it costs $206 just to replace a pin or 2? they must be losing a ton of $$$$. those 2 kids are going to be slaves this summer!!

No comments: