Wednesday, February 28, 2007

can you smell it?


if you look and listen closely, you can see it. Spring is so close, I can almost taste it. Lots of little things, birds chirping early in the morning, patches of grass on the warm side of hills. There is the drip, drip, dripping of snow melting, even if the sun isn't out. The patch of mud or 2, and of course the daylight. It seems like it's been forever since it was light when my middle guy catches the bus, but once again the light is creeping back on early.

Even though just last night, I was thinking I am so tired of being COLD. I long for the days of heat like this
one. This morning I was given the ultimate reminder that Spring is closer than I dare dream. The very unmistakable stench of skunk. And it never smelled so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have skunks near your home? Yuck! I didn't realize they were common in some places.