Wednesday, March 28, 2007

six words I never thought would pass my lips

I don't want to go shopping

I KNOW. Believe me it shocks me too. I am not sure when exactly it happened, but it did. In the last year I think I only went maybe 6 or 7 times, and out of those times once was for Christmas, and most of my purchases have been for the kids. I've grabbed a thing or 2, but most of my clothes are at least 3 years old. Last summer I knew I needed things, but I had just started back at the gym, and figured I would wait and splurge this year....you know, when I was thinner, ahem. We all know how that worked out. That's not the point of this, though, I am at peace with my body, I know it hates me and resists weight loss as my punishment, cause I'm super mature like that.

So here we are today, I literally have nothing to wear for Easter. Even my nice clothes look ratty. And with the break in weather I started going through my clothes for summer, unless I want to do my laundry every other day, or plan on only going places where yoga pants, and my husband's old t shirts are considered chic, I need to get some clothes. This is not something I am looking forward to.

I think alot of it has to do with the fact that I seem to find 2 kinds of stores, young kid stores (ie Hollister or Abercrombie) and I think their clothes are real cute, but my rear hanging out of everything isn't. Or old lady stores, which I am not ready for either. I know, Old Navy or Gap, but I don't like the way their clothes fit most of the time, most of my bulk is through the middle, their clothes always seem to show that off..woo hoo.

So I am thinking of venturing toward Pittsburgh, there are some larger malls there. Any store suggestions?

No comments: