Monday, August 27, 2007

i'll be expecting a swarm of locusts anytime now

You know when you go through the tragedy of losing a loved one, it SUCKS. Right? right. SO you would think maybe the universe would take my fragile state of emotions into consideration. Maybe I could be sheltered from some of life' s problems for a couple months. Give me time to maybe, you know, get my sanity back. I honestly don't think that would be asking alot. I don't want to win the lottery, well I do, but it's not like I'm gnashing my teeth and shaking my fist at the world because I couldn't score the 300 mil from powerball. I don't expect my children to suddenly become angelic little cherubs, cleaning, laundry doing, non fighting cherubs. I don't even expect special treatment, I know life goes on, I know the world continues, I know I have to continue to be strong and brave and show my children mommy has not completely lost it.

So is it too much to ask that maybe I be spared some of the other shit that isn't just a normal part of everyday stress? Which in all honesty, I think I have enough of anyway. thankyouverymuch.

Because there are quite a few things I seriously could have done without recently, like the 10 day vigil where I was begging God, Allah, and pretty damn near much anyone who would listen to bring upon my niece's (ahem) time of the month. Even though she swore it was impossible, she be pregnant. Never mind the fact there seems to have been NO responsible parental unit when she was back visiting her mom, and grandmother and old boyfriend and friends, a few weeks ago. Finally it arrived with much quiet celebration on my part. Then there was the nail I apparently drove over at some point, a rather large nail it was at that. I found out about it when I came out of Wal Mart to a completely flat tire. So yeah frozen food does NOT hold up well when it's a billion degrees out and you're waiting for someone to come change your tire.

Of course my ever helpful husband, has decided it's time for his 2987th mid life crisis, and every bit of available cash has been dribbling away to incredibly important things like $100 hair cut and color, non profitable trips to AC, useless shit for car racing that is over for the year anyway, and even more important stuff for the snowmobiles..that will be lost before that season begins.

He must have more lives than my cat who keeps running into traffic, with all the "mid life" issues he has had.

One of neighbors has filed a complaint against us and we get to go to court, my accountant is having "trouble" piecing together where $50k went last year, and my printer and Windows Vista don't get along so well. Only they decide not to get along only when I need to have something printed immediately. My dryer has stopped drying things, unless it runs for 90 minutes or so.

There are tons of little things, I seem to be operating in a daze because I have stubbed my toes, and whacked my hands and fingers against more objects I can count. The kid's current schedules have me driving in circles for almost 3 hours straight every evening. And could the oldest stop being a jerk and then blaming it on MY bad mood?

Then finally as if all of that were not enough for me, a poor grieving soul who wants nothing more than to relax and get herself back on track, the real kicker, the big one. There was the raging flood that destroyed all our carpet and alot of our furniture in our downstairs. The same DS that houses ours and the 2 younger boys bedrooms. Well housed, I should say as the boys have been forced to move back upstairs into my old office and we are sleeping in a slightly damp, kinda stinky bedroom. With a dehumidifier that has decided it will no longer auto shut off. I found that out as it was pouring water back out onto the lovely cement floor I get to tread over..IN MY BEDROOM.

And just now as I was dumping said de humidifier, I stepped an a piece of the rug tack strip that was next to the tub....and it hurt.

3 comments:

Brewster said...

Hey there, I am so sorry to hear that things have not been going very well for you as of late. Things were actually looking great for us for a while until school started. We bought the new house which we love, we have been camping with the motorhome and just have been real busy trying to unpack all of those boxes. Hang in there. Take some time for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! When did you have that flat at WalMart? I had one there on Wednesday. I ran over a nail and when I came out of the store, my tire was flat!

Anonymous said...

Last update: Thursday 05/30/2013Costa Del Mar Stringer sunglasses are sporty looking and comfortable for all day use on the open water.[url=http://www.philae.fr/news/vanessabruno.html]sac vanessa bruno[/url] It references the amount of visible light that gets to your eyes throughthe glasses.
So I started this obsession a long time ago, by googling warren jeffs repeatedly, and searching for prairie clothes pricing etc.
You also find tons of options for women, as well.


Thirty years ago, American teenagers owned either a pair of Converse All-Stars or Keds.Huge discounts are often seen only when the items that are being sold are to be discontinued or phased out.[url=http://www.capitolcms.com]fake oakleys[/url] Its been said that if we were to apply what we currently know about medicine and human anatomy, .
Being out in the sun and exposing the eyes to the rough environment may lead to many vision problems.
Your use of the site indicates your agreement to be bound by the Terms of Use.


Each frame is a true Italian design and they are all elegant with smooth lines that are made by the best craftsmen the company can find.Real Oakleys are generally always stated in America and can say, within the United States inside the body.Many alter chesunglasses-raymicals in the air contain the humcheapan body in negative and ruinous ways.[url=http://www.designelementsco.com]fake oakley sunglasses[/url] By being vertically polarized, polarized lenses are able towards intercept reflected glare,oakley sunglasses, glare that powers be dangerous as properly as incredibly annoying.