Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008


It's here and I don't know wheteher to laugh or cry. I don't mind New year's , nor do I revel in it the way some folks do. It is what it is, a day. The end of the kid's Christmas break, and the beginning of the long haul until March.

It is also my husband's birthday and for the next 3 months he is older than me, so that is kind of a bonus.

This year though, this year will be my test. This year I am out of High School for TWENTY years. TWENTY!!! how is it even a remote possibility? I sure don't feel that old.

It is also the year in which my oldest will graduate High School and head off to college. somewhere you know when he MAKES A DECISION MAYBE. It is the year my middle son enters High School, and youngest turns 10.

Isn't it odd that I say it seems unthinkable I have been out of HS for 20 years, yet will have an 18 year old in a months time? and my youngest will be 10. Where does this time go.

I also hope it will be a year of healing and happiness, I really feel it is my time. I optimisticlly feel this is the year things will start to turn around. It's been a long haul, it seems like I have been saying it for a lot of years now, only to have fate laugh at me year after year. So today I give fate the ol single digit salute and say Bring it ON! I'm ready.

I hope your 2008 brings everything you want, need and desire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that 2008 brings you everything your heart desires. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Brewster said...

Hey There. Hope 2008 is a good one for you, other then the Redskins loss. I didn't make it to my 20, which was this past year. It was during back to school time for us. Hope you have fun.